Monday, October 9, 2017

Day Trip: Waco, Magnolia Silos

Just like any warm-blooded Texas girl... I love me some Joanna Gaines.  I also love what that family, and that show, has done to the sweet town of Waco!  I spent a lot of time there when I was in college (no, I didn't go to Baylor... but my boyfriend in college lived there!)

When I watched the construction of the Silos on TV... saw the pictures online... heard the stories from my friends... I knew we had to make a trip out there. 

So, we scheduled a stop for lunch when we were planning our most recent road trip from Dallas to San Antonio... and it did not disappoint!


We went with absolutely zero expectations - it was really, really hot... and we had two little ones with us.  So if we could only handle 20 minutes... we were going to spend 20 minutes at the Silos!

Parking was... rough.  So plan for that. 

The line to get in the actual store was... long.  So for this trip, I just had to skip it.  Next time (and yes, there will be a next time) I will plan to get there a bit earlier and wait!  I do like that they only allow so many people in the store at once, I'm sure that makes for a much more pleasurable shopping experience...


The first thing we did once we got there was find something to eat.  I was on a pretty restrictive diet at the time, but we decided on the crepe food truck.  It was delicious (even though the 1-year-old and 2-year-old didn't really eat at all...)  I loved all the options... and it was my first time at any sort of "food truck park"!

We took some pictures, let the girls run around on the lawn, played on some (ridiculously expensive) bean bags... and then headed back to the car.  It was actually really quick and totally uneventful... but a blast.  I think if it were a little cooler, I didn't have my kids with me, and I had a good game plan... it would have been really cool.

I'm glad that we stopped, but really it just got me excited to go back!





No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS