Tuesday, October 10, 2017

If I Didn't Run... / Tuesdays on the Run

Today, and Tuesdays moving forward, I am going to link up with my girl Patty & her crew for Tuesdays on the Run!  I'd love to meet other runners and start reading some new blogs, and I think this will be a great way to do it!

If I Didn't Run...


I would walk.  I know that sounds silly... but it's the truth!  I started running back in 2013.  I had just lost a decent amount of weight and was really getting into the whole "fitness scene".  Running was okay but it wasn't something I loved.  My husband and I were watching the Today show while getting ready for work, and Al Roker had just finished the NYC Half Marathon.  I told my husband "Hey... if Al Roker can run a half marathon... I think I can, too!"

A proper response from my dear, sweet, husband should have been "you sure could!" ... but no.  Instead, he paused, sighed, and said: "thirteen miles is a LOT of miles".

Challenge accepted.

From that day forward I was all about running.  It was still a little while before I picked a race (Wine & Dine Half Marathon) and set an actual plan... but once that happened... I was hooked.

Training for that race really changed my life.  I was dealing with infertility at the time - and it was my way to show myself that my body COULD do anything I wanted it to do.  It gave me faith that one day, I would get pregnant.  It showed me that I could do anything that I put my mind to.  It was proof that anyone, anywhere, can lace up and accomplish a goal.

So yeah... if someone told me tomorrow that I could no longer run... I would walk.  Miles are miles and I don't think I'm ready to give up my runDisney races...



... if I straight up DIDN'T run, I'd be cranky.  I'd be lazy.  I'd be irritated.  Running is my therapy - it's my time to myself where I think.  I breathe.  I connect with nature... and on days where nature sucks and I'm stuck on a treadmill... it's my time to connect to Netflix on my iPhone.


3 comments:

  1. I would totally walk too. IN fact, even though I run, I still walk! I love going out in the afternoon for a walk while listening to a podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love running. I hate walking LOL. I think I'd have to take up biking. But I do love my running endorphins...

    -MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is kind of amazing how running changes your life and becomes your therapy! (confessions of a mother runner)

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE CREATED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS